Sunday 12 July 2009

Sunday Morning snaps





At last I've been shopping and got some batteries for my camera, and here are the last two offerings to my scrapbook. I tried to do some fluting on the edges of some of the papers as tutored by my friend Debbie at CountryHeartandHome to give it an 'old' feel. I wanted to make a page with Lace on it (as it's Lacey's scrapbook), but wanted to go down the more vintage look, using old creams, browns and soft pinks. I went onto a baby naming website to get the name definitions for Lacey and typed them out dictionary style. I think a lovely sepia photo would go well in this page.



This next page was just a bit of fun really as it is going to be her 2nd Birthday and I thought it would be fitting to have a picture of little Lacey at her party. Again I've tried a little more fluting on some of the papers. I drew and cut the number 2 from a piece of card and covered it in papermania paper, mounting it on to a few more layers from the same papermania pad. I left enough room for the photo to be inserted in the pink area and so that it could just slide under the no.2 embelishment. I snipped lots of pink and light green ribbon and taped it to the back of the paper just to liven it up a bit. All I need to do now is stick them all into the album ready for her mummy to fill with photo's. This was my first ever scrap project (6x6) and although I have enjoyed it I will say I think I would prefer to do the next one on a bigger scale, as it's hard to get going when you haven't got much room to work with!!
Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Crafty Jane,
    I love these two last pages, especially the vintage style one, you've been so thoughtfull throughout making this book - it's such a nice touch to look up the meaning of Lacey's name, she's going to love it!!!!
    I cant wait to see what you'll be making next.
    See you later - Take Care
    Ju xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane! Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my ol' blog! Your blog is looking fab - just love those owls!
    What lovely projects - I love your vintagey one especially! That lace is beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. jane i love all the things that you make thanks for sending me a comment and how do you get that thing where it shows you how many people look at your blog you know the one that you got apples i loved coming over yours today i had alot of fun thanks

    luv sophiexx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for looking at my blog. Please leave me a comment about any of my postings. I really love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks Jane xxx